Sunday, December 16, 2007

Countdown to Christmas

How many days is it before Christmas? It depends. Well, you can't count today because it's already here, and you can't count Christmas day because that's the day, and you can't count Christmas Eve because that's the day before. So ... technically it's just 7 days before Christmas!

7 Things I did Yesterday:
  1. Talked on the phone half the day, while cooking
  2. Watched Kevin shovel snow with the bobcat
  3. Hosted our annual family gathering for "Santa Nite"
  4. 3 loads of laundry
  5. Changed my grandson's diaper
  6. Played Balderdash with family, and lost
  7. Rhegan & I watched Santa come/go ... from the front porch
6 Things I Need to do Today:
  1. Write Christmas cards and prepare for mailing
  2. Pray for Keaton's safe travel home in the blizzard
  3. Upload photos and organize online
  4. Tell Kevin that I love him
  5. Go to Andrea's church for kids Christmas play
  6. Wrap christmas gifts
5 Things I am Thankful for:
  1. Amazing friends, like Eleanore who surprised me with a Colts wrist watch (which guarantees them into the finals)
  2. My friendship and love for my daughter, Andrea
  3. The safe return of Nosey the Neighbor from a year away
  4. That Kevin is so kind, generous, & caring to family and friends
  5. That the Walden/Stewart cousins got to spend a fun fun fun evening together
4 "fires" left before Company Starts Arriving:
  1. A few scrapbook christmas projects
  2. Year-end details at the law firm, and a discovery deadline this week
  3. Think through & prepare for CTI payroll for my time off during Christmas
  4. Prepare my guest bedrooms
3 Things I'm most Excited about right now:
  1. Keaton & Brandt coming home
  2. Church on Christmas Eve
  3. The Squires Family Gathering
2 Things I'm Stressing over right now:
  1. Keeping things simple so my health issues stay in check
  2. Will my Ebay order really get here in time?!?
1 Thing that I know for sure:
  1. No matter how many fires, how much or little I worry or stress or fret, Christmas will come and it will be wonderful regardless because we are all together and when it comes right down to it, that's all that really matters.

No comments: