Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Festive 'Round Here!

The Disney Boy is home - yay! HE is Santa's Elf because HE put the Christmas Tree up and decorated the whole house and HE is awesome! (Will HE come back in January/February and put it all away or will the house remain festive until next Christmas?) Thanks Keaton, love your guts!

Do you remember a favorite gift? I would have to say that my most favorite gift ever as an adult was the diamond ring that Kevin gave me many years ago. I've worn it every day since and love it. It means the world to me! As a child, my most favorite gift was a play kitchen and a chalkboard easel. On Christmas morning, I remember looking in the living room and seeing everything set up. I couldn't have been happier. I'll never forget that Christmas morning... among my annual new package of "day of the week" underwear (always a popular gift)!

You know, if we could find a retro silver aluminum christmas tree and a colored wheel to shine reds, blues, greens, and yellows on the tree -- I might actually do the decorating! It would be just like when I was a kid -- only mom & dad did the decorating then.

I'm SO looking forward to church this weekend and on Christmas Eve! It puts all of Christmas into perspective. And the people said - AMEN!

No comments: