Monday, February 25, 2008

Long Time No Talk

The days have FLOWN by! It would be hard for me to write a "catch up" entry so just won't try. Suffice it to say, in one sentence, I've been working hard at all my jobs. I've also been out of town visiting Florida boy. It was a really fun trip and the sunny 80 degree weather didn't hurt me either! Tonite, it is rain/snow/sleeting outside and I am just getting home from my jobs at 11pm. Re-entry is tough! Thanks Keaton, for hangin' with yo mamma! I loved "Without Walls" SO VERY MUCH - what a neat church! I loved your new campus restaurant, but not as much as BD's Mongolian Grill. I loved all your friends and your bed made nice & neat. I learned to love your driving, through closed eyes. Your driving got us to Downtown Disney and back safely (thank ya Jesus!). I loved your prayer board. I love the man you have become.

Today was my dad's birthday, he would have been 88 years old. Seems like yesterday he was here with us. I can still remember the snow coming down and the Navy people lined at his gravesite on the day of his funeral. How I miss him. How I wish he was here to see my kids and how proud I am of them. How I wish he could play with Clayton, Rhegan, and Parker. How I hope he is proud of me. On days like this, I close my eyes and I see the same thing everytime. Dad is walking toward God's open arms. I can see it clear as day. What an example to leave his family. Someday, I will run and give him a big hug and tell him I love him.

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

No comments: