Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Upside Down Fun & Some Recipes

I found this picture of upside-down Rosalie and thought it was so cute, I had to blog it! Rosalie is about to get a new baby sister very soon. We are soliciting "R" names ... any suggestions?

Sister Joyce just left Norway, and is on her way to Ireland at the moment. Amazing how those cruise boats get from Point A to Point B! Larry is good about emailing me from the ship, but Joyce - not so much! Vacation is vacation, baby! Write that one down in the motto book!

I asked Kevin to pick up a few things at the WalMart for me today, and he was happy to do it. Then he realized what he got himself into when he got inside WalMart! He said he spent 138,000 minutes looking for stuff, and besides, it was hot outside. I'm an appreciated woman for my many trips to Wally World for us!

Okay, so Mrs. Lark asked me for the recipes referenced in my previous post. Ohhhh my gracious heavenly gallbladderless days ... these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies were w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l, and did I mention they were wonderful? I have a disclaimer, however. The recipe calls for caramel topping, but I just happened to have this scrumpdillyicious Amish made creamy peanut butter (click link to order it - it has marshmallow creme as one of the listed ingredients) so I used that instead of caramel. My brother-in-law ordered a case of it for us! Proceed at your own risk:

Chocolate Peanut Butter (or Caramel) Brownies
(There are many layers of love in these brownies)

3 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C butter or margarine
1 C chopped walnuts
1 1/2 C chocolate chips
3/4 C baking cocoa
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
4 oz caramel (ice cream topping) or 4 oz creamy peanut butter
3/4 C flour

1. Beat butter, white and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add 2 eggs and vanilla, mix well.

2. Gradually beat in flour, cocoa and salt. Reserve 3/4 C of batter. Spread remaining batter into greased 8" square baking pan. Sprinkle nuts and 3/4 C chocolate chips over batter. Drizzle caramel (or peanut butter) over top.

3. Beat remaining egg into reserved batter. Stir in remaining 3/4 C chocolate chips. Spread evenly over caramel (or peanut butter) topping.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely before cutting.


Salsa Cheese Ball

12 oz cream cheese (Yes, that's what I said -- 1 and 1/2 blocks of cream cheese)
4 oz sour cream
2 C. shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
3 chopped green onions
3 tablespoons salsa

Mix ingredients together and serve as dip for crackers or vegies. Or spread on flour tortillas, roll up, slice into 1" pieces, stick toothpick in each. Makes a pretty appetizer!

Gotta go -- I made myself hungry!

1 comment:

Traci said...

You are the best aunt for posting the recipe. I must try these out next week for Left Right Center night at the house!! Oh how I love peanut butter and salsa..........