Monday, November 3, 2008

Twas the Night Before Elections and all through the House

First things first ... Guess who went to the McCain rally today? Guess who bought me this beeeutiful campaign button? My hero ... Kevin! I love it! And I love you! Tomorrow, I am excited about going to stand for probably many long hours at the polls. I plan to shake the hands of all my local politicians, and grin and smile, and dish with my neighbors, and enjoy the unusually warm temps. Gonna be a good time!

Second things second ... let's not get into the long emotional political season we have just witnessed, complete with unrelenting TV ads and biased media coverage, not to mention the stolen yard signs and 'friendly' neighborhood chats. No - let's not go there. Let's go here ... what we did, you and me and thee, was show the world a democracy at its finest hour. Win, lose, or draw - if you did not engage in this political season, then you were living under a rock. Ouch.

Third things third ... a bit of self-talk:
  • I've been forgetting to mention that I somehow got addicted to Facebook lately. For 2 weeks anyway. And it's been fun to chat with some old friends from 20 years ago! Well - they might be older. But I am not addicted anymore. Nope.
  • This time change suits me for two reasons: (1) Daylight comes earlier = I wake up better. (2) Darkness comes earlier and I'm a night owl so I get more done! Capish?
  • My house is showing signs of busyness. Is it time for the cleaning lady to come? Is it time to get rid of the cat?
  • The "oh, just go ahead and call the painter and start looking at colors for the dining room" bug bit me again today.
  • Brandt made his Thanksgiving travel plans today. I want to jump up and do the Toyota kick and a Happy Dance for Thanksgiving!
  • I'm looking forward to a sleep over with Rhegan. We might come up with our own Saturday Night Live sketch, or something.
  • I'm also looking forward to Andrea's B-day because we are going shopping and plan to eat Mexican until we can't walk. When I asked her if that was okay, I think she said "You had me at hello!"
  • I might like to write in Martha Stewart for President. At least that way we might get decorating and hosting ideas after following her life for the next 4 years. Maybe she would pass a Big Bow Law that does not require extra postage on all the beautiful hand made cards in the crafting world.
  • Enough said.

1 comment:

Saleslady371 said...

So what are you going to do with the Palin button? Display it on the shelf (or under lock & key in your jewelry box? Can you use this kind of thing for scrapbooking? I'm so ignorant about it, but I'll learn. You'll see. The Martha Stewart comment is hilarious! Very, very clever! Have a blast on Sat. with Rhegan. She sounds so much like you!