Saturday, November 1, 2008

Politics and Religion - Both are Waiting on Grace

Well, it certainly can be argued that this has not been "poltiics as usual". We are already seeing record numbers at the polls for early voting, and this promises to be a historical election indeed. As we enter the home stretch, my thoughts humble me:
  • Politics is the most wishy-washy topic. It's very hard not to be swayed by this side or that, they both have their good qualities.
  • I am proud to be an American. I do not choose to live in any other country, and I am grateful to a loving God for putting me in this country. A very short few generations ago, my ancestors did not enjoy the quality of life that my family has, so the miracle of God abounds in my life.
  • The emotional side of politics continues to amaze me. But I can't help but pray that it equals the emotion of your religion, so that the nation turns to a waiting Heavenly Father.
  • Whoever will serve as our next President and Vice-President, regardless of whether it was your choice or not, make no mistake that God allowed it to happen. And be thankful for His ultimate plan and purpose.

Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.

No comments: