Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wind and Pork Chops

Been having some crazy weather here lately! Wind, sheets of rain, sun pops out and then a do-over of it all. Today at lunch, I got caught in parts (a) and (b) so I looked like a drowned rat when I returned to the office. But I had high heels on, so I was good.

Kevin had plans with his sister tonight, so I worked a bit later. I arrived home in the dark, wind, and rain to find we had no power. No getting the car in the garage! Don't ya just love it when things we take for granted are gone?! Not having a garage door opener, I fumbled for my house key. Finally found it! Got the door unlocked, only to learn that the deadbolt was locked too. Now what?

Eleanore to the rescue! My cell phone actually rang as I was standing in the dark, wind and rain on my porch fumbling with my keys. "Can you see?" said Miss Eleanore. "Nope, and I'm locked out of my house and I'm coming over to yours!" replied me. I zipped around the corner, and found Brent/Eleanore playing backgammon in the dark with candles. She gave me pork chops for dinner and I waited for my hero Kevin to come home and get us into our dark house.

What a fun evening! Power JUST came back. Don't you just LOVE it when things we take for granted are gone?!

There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day!

1 comment:

Saleslady371 said...

Hi, Kay!
Oh, I felt cold and wet as I read this post! I know only too well how it feels to have power go out. It happens to us sometimes. It happened for four hours the day before Thanksgiving last year.

Thank you for all the nice comments you have left on my blog. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Love you,