Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's a Jellicle Cat?


I went to see CATS the other night with my sister and even though this is the second time I've seen it -- this is still my favorite all-singing, all-dancing musical ever! You are introduced to many types of cats - Jellicle cats, old cats, mischievous cats, theater cats, and Old Deuteronomy at the Jellicle Ball. I came home and actually liked my cat all over again, which should last for at least a day or two! This morning instead of saying "Hell0 stupid" to my sweet little cat, I said "Hello, are you a Jellicle cat?" It tickles me. Then I ate my yogurt and went to work.

But not before I got a phone call from my co-worker, who shall remain nameless but she has red hair and sits in the 3rd office to the right, called me to bring some kind of glass bowls or jars that can be filled with jelly beans so people can guess how many are in them. Yes, this is what sometimes goes on inside a law firm, other than law.

There's a lady in my bible study whose name is Buzz. I got to thinking about that and decided it would be fun to list 10 things that give me a buzz without drugs or alcohol. So what's your natural high?
1. Rubber Stamping
2. Blogs
3. Laughing at/with Kevin
4. Lunch with friends
5. Walking into any scrapbook store
6. Beginning to read a new book that catches my eye
7. A good hair and high heels day
8. Phone calls from my kids (are you reading this?)
9. Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
10. Christian radio

Think excitement, talk excitement, act out excitement, and you are bound to become an excited person. Life will take on a new zest, deeper interest and greater meaning.

1 comment:

Saleslady371 said...

What gives me a high? YOU! I'm sitting here laughing out loud. Oh, my! I heard CATS is a wonderful play that I hope I can see one of these days. Have a great "high heels and hair" day, my friend!

Hugs,
Mary