Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Lose

I wish I owned the Kleenex company. Not just the stock - because that doesn't seem to do anybody any good these days. No, I just want the company itself.

Today was a better than good day. My hair worked. I got to wear Jeans to work, with high heels of course! I tried clogs but I just wasn't feeling it. I am finally current with the transcripts for the Nipsco trial. I had a very nice lunch with an old friend. And I took a leap of faith and attended the Women's Bible Study this evening at the new church. Didn't know a soul. Do now. 20 souls, in fact. We will study Joyce Meyer's book The Battlefield of the Mind. How DID they know I'm losing my mind? I'm gonna fight to keep it .... despite middle age and menopause!

So after Bible Study, I stopped at CVS for yet another bottle of Mucinex and, yes, another box of Kleenex. And I tripped on the curb and fell on the sidewalk. No, it had nothing to do with my high heels. So my mind went into a twenty minute rant about how they needed to have those curbs removed. I do NOT like that curb. Why did CVS put that curb there? It's all CVS's fault, THEY put it there. I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow about taking that curb out. My mind was on the edge of sanity and reason. You see what I mean? THIS is what my mind does all day long with one thing or another. So I decided right then and there, this Bible Study was for me. Wink, wink.

Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment.

No comments: