Saturday, March 22, 2008

Who-Ray for Horton


HORTON HEARS A WHO Movie Meter: 10! Yay for Dr. Suess!

Horton hears voices, but he's not crazy; he's an elephant. (Duh!) Jim Carrey and Steve Carell get animated for the movie of Dr. Seuss' book, which reminds us that a person's a person ... no matter how small. Whoville is a town on a dandelion full of tiny people. It was surprisingly fun for the grandkids AND the adults! Here are some funny quotes:

Horton: There's a tiny person on that speck that needs my help!

The Mayor of Who-ville: I have 96 daughters and 1 son. Horton: [laughing] Whoa! Busy guy.

Horton: I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. Morton: [sighs] An elephant's faithful one hundred percent. Horton: That's my code, my motto.

Katie: In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies.

The Mayor of Who-ville: Seriously, who is this? Is this Burt from accounting?

Morton: Horton, the kangaroo has sent Vlad! Horton: Vlad? Vlad, Vlad... I know two Vlads. There's the bad Vlad... And then there's bunny Vlad, the one that makes cookies! Morton: ...Yeah, Horton, she's sending you a bunny with cookies. I think it's safe to say it's the bad Vlad. Horton: Yeah, good call.

The Mayor of Who-ville: So Jojo, what's uh, what's shakin'? What's happenin'? What's the word?

Horton: This entire jungle is a house of death!

The Mayor of Who-ville: Listen, Horton, I've gotta go. Apparently there's a problem with a giant meatball. Horton: You just take care of that meatball sir and leave the freaking out to me.

Horton: We must become invisible, travel silently, for there are forces that would seek to destroy us.

No comments: