Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Annual Birthday Post - Ode to Keaton



Did you know that birthdays come annually? Let me explain.

Last year, I wished Keaton a Happy Wednesday Birthday with a cute little song on this post. Keaton then left me a comment that said: "I'm glad you wished me a happy Wednesday birthday on my Tuesday birthday. Thanks, mom. That song will be awesome...next year..."

Well, guess what buddy? It's now THIS year! So my birthday wish for you is now ditto. Song and all. And I'm wishing you a Happy Thursday Birthday for really real. Now that you are a math teacher and you have reached the square root of 576 years {if you don't speak math speak, Keaton says that would be 24}, then you are qualified to have a Thursday Birthday. I give you an "A+". Moral of the story: Mom's have a good memory.

Keaton, you have grown to be a man who thinks freely and gives kindly. You are a thirsty learner and a leader and a man of your word. May you always remember how lucky you are and support those less fortunate. May you always nurture the love of your family and keep them close. Continue to be bold, ask questions, and face your life with courage and integrity. May you see in yourself what I saw in you at a very early age. I love you and I always will.

Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy.

No comments: