Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Blessings

My favorite (only) granddaughter is the cutie pie in the center, in the brown dress, with her arms raised to Jesus! She was in an Easter program at church and I'm SO glad we had the opportunity to attend.

Look at the little boy next to Rhegan .. isn't he a picture of praise!

The words of the song are "Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Sometimes it causes me to tremble ..." and this is the tremble part.




I'm thinking these two might just have a future in ministry together?!


The looks on their faces are precious! Is it any wonder that Jesus said "Suffer the little children to come unto me?"


The little guy next to her might think as much of Rhegan as I do!



I am so proud of my favorite (only) granddaughter. She knew every word, and did every move with purpose! But more than anything, I am blessed that she is serving Jesus! After the program, Rhegan "borrowed" my camera and here are the pics she took. First up, Grandma Kay.
Great-grandma Stiller (my mom).

Aunt Jane and Grandma Kay

Grandma Kay kissing Princess Rhegan.


Grandma Jan
Pawpaw Joe

Pawpaw Kevin

Andrea, Grandma Jan, Rhegan, Grandma Kay

Andrea, Grandma Jan, Grandma Kay

Pastor Jeff had some beautiful remarks at the end of the Easter Celebration service, reflecting on the last song "At the Foot of the Cross." Let's think back about who, exactly, was at the foot of the cross of Jesus on that day of His crucifixion.
  • There was His disciples, of course - who could not believe this was happening! Did they really know and understand what was being done by Jesus - that He was dying to save the world?
  • Mary, the mother of Jesus, was there. I doubt she was thinking about Him being the Savior of the world amidst her grief! She was watching her son die a horrible death!
  • The crowds of people who shouted "Crucify him!" ..... the same crowds who just a week before had greeted Jesus with waving palm branches and claimed Him a King, saying "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!" Did they really know and understand what was happening?
  • But when the sky grew dark in the middle of the day, and the ground began to tremble and roll, I'm sure the crowd grew scared and dispersed.
  • And there were the guards who had been ordered to oversee the crucifixion ... to put Jesus up on the cross and to see to the details of his dead body. Did they really know and understand what was happening? Or was it "just another day on the job" for them?

One guard did know. The centurian in charge of Jesus execution said "Surely, He was the Son of God." He realized who Jesus was. Do you?

1 comment:

Saleslady371 said...

Your photos of Rhegan on stage are precious! She is a cutie just like her Grammy. She did a great job with your camera from her angle. It's called "shooting up". Well, geez, she's just a little one!

What spoke to me in your post was Mary and watching her son. We had a short video from the Passion of the Christ and that part got me, where she watches in horror and flashbacks of him as a tot falling down. Cried buckets!

Love you, Kay!
Mary