Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Kevin

Happy Birthday to Kevin! What a fun reason to celebrate with the "Hood". The neighborhood gang gathered at the local Italian joint, and I tricked Kevin into thinking we were just going over for some pizza for his birthday. NOT! It was a birthday surprise! (We really are gonna have to teach Bear how to say cheese for pictures! I can't count how many goofy looks that man can give me and my camera. Remember this movie clip from New Year's Eve? Love ya, man!)

I think Lynn is giving the Italian gesture for "Who cares how old you are, Kevin!" Did you know that everyone has a golden birthday? It is when your age equals the day of your birth. Today was not Kevin's golden birthday, unless the date is April 59th!

They say that laughing makes you younger. So what better time to try it out than on a birthday?! I'm not sure whether we are laughing at the funny birthday cards, or Fran's gift of Weed-Be-Gone! Kevin has been obsessed with getting ahead of the dandelions in our yard and he declared war on them last weekend with 800 pounds of weed killer (I might be exaggerating just a tad bit, but I'm no expert).

I LOVE this picture of Brent and Eleanore! Oh my heck, do ya think Bear and Brent got together and practiced goofy faces? Oh why do we have to stop and smile for maniac-picture-taking Kay when there is pizza involved?! Mr. Wilson - I do hereby solemnly swear on my borrowed stack of Left Behind books that I will announce my picture-taking prior to the act rather than afterwards. Deal?

Trust me, Fran is having fun, despite the look. Perhaps she is dreaming of Kevin's soon to be dandelion-free green yard? She is, after all, located directly across the street from us and has to look at the lush weed cover in all its glory!
Happy Birthday honey bunny! I love you to the moon and back!

2 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

Oh, yes, Kevin, happy birthday and may the years ahead be filled with joy and good health for you.

Looks like a wonderful party and I bet that pizza was delicious! I so admire your group of neighborhood friendships!

Love,
Mary

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Love the pictures Kay... and your little stories are great