Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hallelu--lu-lu-lu-yah!

Hallelujah, it's finally Fall! Halleloooooyah!! I went for a walk in my neighborhood with my fabulous fun friend Fran this morning (all good "F" words). And brushed my teeth and did laundry and made cornbread --- all before noon on a Saturday. THIS is living!

Here are some things I learned this week. (1) Did you know that at the end of the theme song from "Oklahoma" they spell out O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A? (2) I discovered size XL at Old Navy. (3) Sons can be exactly like their father. (4) The definition of "joyride" is a spin on papaw's motorcycle, as quoted by my beautiful 3-year old granddaughter. (5) It takes 1 hour to drive from Carmel to Greenfield.

Fall really makes me want to DO stuff. Like sweep the porch and laugh at the cat, wear a sweater and an extra bracelet, and drink a hot glass of fruit tea. I think the reason I SO love San Francisco is that it seems like a perfect Fall day everyday, yet the ocean is right there all the time. It's like the perfect beach vacation! A dichotomy of sorts. Okay, back to reality.

I intend to scrap a bit today, amidst laundry. I have some VERY cool projects on my plate that are calling my name. Sheesh, I'm feeling creative but not too much time for all this mojo today. Meeting Kevin for a late lunch, grocery, errunds, inbetween laundry & household chores. I wouldn't have it any other way. Color me blessed!

Have a time and place for everything, and do everything in its time and place, and you will not only accomplish more, but have far more leisure than those who are always hurrying.

No comments: