Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sunday Face


My new Bling



Hershella has been our cleaning lady at Lewis & Kappes for 17 years. She makes it her ministry to pray for each and every person in all family pictures displayed in the offices of 31 attorneys, 5 paralegals, and all support staff - BY NAME. And believe you me baby, she does!

Family: Hershella is one of 9 girls (she was #7), she has 4 children, 11 grandchildren, 18 great grandchildren

Grew up in: Evansville, IN

Age: 78 and proud of it!

Kay: How are you, Hershella Jackson?

Hershella: Blessed -- truly blessed!

Kay: What do you think of lawyers, in general?

Hershella: (after some thought) Pretty honest & helpful. Well, some of them are.

Kay: When are you the happiest, most alive?

Hershella: All the time! Well, most of the time. When I get upset about something, I don't let it last too long. Life is beautiful.

Kay: Do you still wear high heels?

Hershella: NO, but I wear a matching suit, shoes, hat & purse to church every Sunday!

Kay: If you could set everything aside in your life right now, what would you do over the next 10 years?

Hershella: Travel anywhere & everywhere - with money. I'd go back to South Africa again, that was a great trip!

Kay: Have you always been witty and have such a good memory?

Hershella: ALWAYS, I don't ever remember not having something to say.

Kay: If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy?

Hershella: I think about that a lot of times. I would do something for the homeless first before I would do anything for myself.

Kay: Do you have a pet peeve, does something in particular drive you nuts?

Hershella: When people lie. I hate a liar. I would smack my kids in the mouth if they lied to me. God hates a liar. Just tell the truth.

Kay: What is your favorite verse in the bible?

Hershella: God is Love.

Kay: What is the best Christmas present you got as a kid?

Hershella: A black doll. Don't know where it is now.

Kay: Is there anything else you want to say?

Hershella: Only thing I want to say is I love the Lord with all my heart and I love people with all my heart.

No comments: