Sunday, August 17, 2008

Goodbye Janet



At the early age of 63, Janet passed away today at noon, and her family was with her as she moved from this world to the next. {Janet is on the left; Debbie is on the right} A little over a year ago, Janet learned of her cancer and she said "My life just got shorter." And it did. I know that for Debbie, it has taken a long time to say goodbye to her only sister, as she tended to and cared for her these past months. How lucky is she to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard!

I love Debbie like a sister, I had that in common with Janet. God made our lives cross for so many reasons, and I don't question that this is yet another. Our hearts have an invisible, unbreakable bond of friendship. May He who comforts hearts speak to both of ours.

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who know Jesus.

No comments: