Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy B-Day G-Ma

Happy 86th Birthday G-Ma! I'm glad God decided to send you to earth a few days after Christmas ... so it gives us yet another chance to get together, overstuff ourselves till we waddle, and laugh with you. Red Lobster was a perfect choice for your birthday lunch, and the cheddar cheese biscuits will forever be on my mind and hips. Love your guts!

Well, it's the day after the day after. I think. But you know how I don't really count the day of, so it could make sense if you wanted it to. The house is quiet again. Both boys are now in DC, painting the town. Andrea & company came & went, after our 2nd annual Merry Mexican Christmas Dinner. I am headed back to the world of law tomorrow, if I can remember how to drive a car.

The big eyeglass shop. I, along with a multitude of other "flexible spending plan" people, had $$ to use or lose before the clock strikes midnight this Wednesday. Now, I am not in the habit of throwing hundreds of dollars out the window {although I did do just that about a week ago when mailing a gift card - but that's a whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother day}. So I set out on a shop for new eyeglasses, which is VERY hard for me to do since I cannot see how I look in any potential new frame. Very disturbing. Very dependent on nice sales clerks, who don't know me and try to "fit" me into something totally not cool. Sigh! So at lunch today, I volunteered my sister, Jean, to accompany me on my eyeglass shop. She was up for the challenge. WOW - I could have purchased 5 pair, let alone one GOOD pair!

Moral of the story: Take your sister who looks kinda like you when you eyeglass shop, and see what the new frames look like on her, and then buy 2 new pair like I did! One is "bling" and one is "blue". And I'm tickled pink! Jean then drove me all the way back home in her new fancy car. {She got enough $$ from her old car for a Happy Meal} I'll be SEEING you soon!

Some Glasses Quotes:
If the eye does not want to see, neither light nor glasses will help.
Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses. (enough said, but I did order bling glasses)
Don't call the world dirty because you forgot to clean your glasses.
Rose colored glasses are never made in bifocals.

No comments: