Monday, December 8, 2008

Let the Holiday Blogging Begin

So ... I'm back at work now (not that I ever really stopped working from Florida) but somehow, incredibly, work finds its way to me and attorneys and clients make unreasonable demands on my time and everyday I get to dress up in high heels and smile at them. Hey -- it's good to be seen. Really. Especially in high heels.

So ... in less than one hour, we will have been home one full week! I've talked to Florida Boy everyday (I do not miss an opportunity to annoy him like any good loving mother would do). He continues to heal. I know this because he sent me his Christmas Wish List. Yes, he really is thinking more clearly now.

So ... on Friday I had a flat tire on my way home from work, in 11 degree temp, with snow. I was in the fast lane (aren't I always in the fast lane?) Kevin picked me up on the highway and off we went to the law firm's Christmas Party. Who needs a flat tire anyway?

So ... on Saturday I took Kevin's truck and Grandma Kay, who rocks, went to see the kiddos. Rhegan ran into my arms, Parker goo'd and coo'd and played peek-a-boo with me, and Clayton looked up once from his video game. Oh baby - it's a wunnerful life! Andrea & I shopped most of the day away, in between Tinkerbell Rhegan's birthday party. I then spent the rest of the day billing paralegal hours at my wunnerful law firm. Do you KNOW how scary it gets on the 25th floor in the dark with only my desk lamp, and the building creaking? Enough billable hours for one day. Enough said.

So ... my hero Kevin fixed not one, but TWO flat tires on my car while I was busy with Tinkerbell and billable hours. Did I mention the spare in my trunk was flat?

So ... on Sunday my hero Kevin put up the Christmas tree and decorated the house all Christmas like. I did 4593 loads of laundry and made a Wal-Mart run that broke my back, my trunk, and my wallet.

So ... let the Christmas blogging begin! Game on, baby!

There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go.

No comments: