Things I'm celebrating today:
- I'm loving Mamma Mia all over again! IF Santa wanted to bring it to me for Christmas, I would let him, but only IF Santa really wanted to do it, you know.
- The temp is 4 degrees outside right now! Count 'em: 1-2-3-4! The wind chill is 20 degrees below 0. Let's not count that.
- Grandma's K's Coffee Cake is made, wrapped up, and ready for gift-giving to the neighbors. Why didn't anyone tell me how good it was before now? I stumbled onto the recipe and it does - after all - have my name in it!
- The new kit-of-the-month from Unity Stamp Company. Trust me, you are gonna bounce big time when you see these Valentine stamps! They are so stinkin' cute!!
- I have slept 20 hours in the past two days. Ahhhhhh!
- Christmas music. Loud. All day long!
Things I'll be cooking over the next week:
- Turkey and Honey-Glazed Ham (no fire dept. calls! remember two years ago?)
- Mashed Potatoes - the boys could not survive a Christmas without them!
- Green Bean Casserole
- Cream Cheese & Pineapple Cheese ball - oh so yum!
- Rigatoni with classic Italian sauce - a holiday family tradition!
- A big ole' pot of Taco Soup that cooks for 8-12 hours (Holy Moly!)
- Chicken & Beef Taco's
- Breakfast Casserole
- Barbecue Meatballs (Yes Brandt, they are for you!)
Things I'm looking forward to:
- Keaton's flight arrives tomorrow night - Happiness!
- I'm hoping Brandt remembers to drive home for Christmas (?!)
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Church Service
- Hanging out with all the fam and grandkiddos - who's in charge of Parker?
- Did I mention the Pineapple Cheese ball?
Critical things that I need to do that have nothing to do with Christmas:
- Contact the neighbor girls about a bible study group
- Pay bills (last year I forgot to make the house payment during the holidays! Who does that?)
- Figure out a birthday gift
- Use my Pampered Chef round baking stone
- Prepare for a BIG - no, HUGE - 2-week trial in January
- Begin to consider my New Year's Resolutions. Amen, to that brother!
Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.