Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holiday Jibber-Jabber

Things I'm celebrating today:

  • I'm loving Mamma Mia all over again! IF Santa wanted to bring it to me for Christmas, I would let him, but only IF Santa really wanted to do it, you know.
  • The temp is 4 degrees outside right now! Count 'em: 1-2-3-4! The wind chill is 20 degrees below 0. Let's not count that.
  • Grandma's K's Coffee Cake is made, wrapped up, and ready for gift-giving to the neighbors. Why didn't anyone tell me how good it was before now? I stumbled onto the recipe and it does - after all - have my name in it!
  • The new kit-of-the-month from Unity Stamp Company. Trust me, you are gonna bounce big time when you see these Valentine stamps! They are so stinkin' cute!!
  • I have slept 20 hours in the past two days. Ahhhhhh!
  • Christmas music. Loud. All day long!

Things I'll be cooking over the next week:

  • Turkey and Honey-Glazed Ham (no fire dept. calls! remember two years ago?)
  • Mashed Potatoes - the boys could not survive a Christmas without them!
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Cream Cheese & Pineapple Cheese ball - oh so yum!
  • Rigatoni with classic Italian sauce - a holiday family tradition!
  • A big ole' pot of Taco Soup that cooks for 8-12 hours (Holy Moly!)
  • Chicken & Beef Taco's
  • Breakfast Casserole
  • Barbecue Meatballs (Yes Brandt, they are for you!)

Things I'm looking forward to:

  • Keaton's flight arrives tomorrow night - Happiness!
  • I'm hoping Brandt remembers to drive home for Christmas (?!)
  • Christmas Eve Candlelight Church Service
  • Hanging out with all the fam and grandkiddos - who's in charge of Parker?
  • Did I mention the Pineapple Cheese ball?

Critical things that I need to do that have nothing to do with Christmas:

  • Contact the neighbor girls about a bible study group
  • Pay bills (last year I forgot to make the house payment during the holidays! Who does that?)
  • Figure out a birthday gift
  • Use my Pampered Chef round baking stone
  • Prepare for a BIG - no, HUGE - 2-week trial in January
  • Begin to consider my New Year's Resolutions. Amen, to that brother!

Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.

No comments: