Saturday, January 10, 2009

2009 - And We're Off ...


Welcome to basketball! How much fun is it to watch a bunch of 3rd and 4th graders chase around a big orange basketball and wear themselves out? Well, a whole lota fun! I mean, raise your hand if you would rather be at home on a Saturday afternoon doing laundry? I thought so. These kids rock! They put the "N" in Nike. They put the "D" in Dream Team. And they made us old geezers smile! {Okay, technically we are not old geezers but in a gym full of parents of 3rd and 4th graders, well ... maybe we were geezers for an hour today. But as soon as we left there, we were no longer geezers. I just wanted to clarify, ya know, for the good of the order.} Sorry, I digress. The Upward Basketball program combines teaching the skills of the game with lessons in the game of life through bible teaching and devotions at every practice and game. How cool is that? Way to go Clayton! You got game, buddy!

I gotta go do my laundry now, imagine that?!

No comments: