Friday, January 4, 2008

2008 Work MoJo


Back to Work - Day One: Hey, this is fun being an adult again! Driving a car to/from the office. Baby its c-o-l-d outside! I listened to my sassy new Regina Spektor CD to/from work. Keaton says "Mom, she's weird." {and your point is?!} The law firm is still not in full swing --- I think everyone is trying to get their work MoJo on. I came home very hungry and very tired!


Back to Work - Day Two: Don't want to get out of bed. Made 7 stops on the way to work. Trunk is full. But I wore high-heels today so I am IN-CHARGE. Back off baby, I'm ready to rock! The same projects that were on my desk pre-holiday are still there post-holiday. And more on my chair. Should I laugh or cry? Just drive home and listen to more weird Regina music.


Back to Work - Day Three: Did someone say 2008 legislative session? Did someone say we better file lobby registrations or go to jail? I voted for option #1 ... and then I organized my life at work. Yay for Kay! I LOVE LOVE LOVE organizing! It's what I do best, and it's what makes me productive, and it's what makes me obsessive, and who cares? I say hall-le-lu- ja! {Work MoJo in full swing!}


Life never ceases to amaze me. One minute, you're celebrating the holidays and the next minute you're back to everyday life. How grateful I am for the blessings that are mine in life, for the challenges that bring opportunity to increase my own faith and for the privilege of being a good wife, mom, grandma, a good daughter, sister, and friend. Life may be full of ups and downs but those ups and downs are always filled with blessings if we're looking for them. Enough said.


Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.

No comments: