Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wishful Thinking for a Happy 2008!


We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

2007 has been a great year! We're hoping for an even better 2008. I found this great quote that was a perfect way to end the year. I'm not one to list and share my resolutions. Too much accountability and I'm hard enough on myself! haha! So, these are not resolutions. They are more of a wish list. But, perhaps, some provoking and motivating thoughts.

One habit you'd like to break totally: The need for sweets after a meal. I need a replacement, but gum doesn't work well. I'd like to invent chocolate water. But I have re-discovered Nestles Quik and milk and you just can't drink it slow!
One person you'd like to get to know better: Robin. We've been neighbors for years but have reconnected this past year and I've loved every minute together! I want it to continue!
One random act of kindness that you'd like to make a habit this year: Writing notes. I would like to make a habit of writing notes or emails to others.
Something that you'd like to own by the end of 2008. A new photo printer!
Something that you'd like to get rid of by the end of 2008: Our spare bedroom furniture and about .....umpteen pounds.

One change you'd like to see in your life in 2008. Regular church attendance! I say it every year but seriously, I am praying that First Church will be our home!
Something that you'd like to improve on: Being more positive. I worry a lot and then find myself saying, "It will all work out, but what if...." I need to stop the What if part.
Something you'd like to learn in 2008: My Adobe software. I'm just not getting it! grrrr.
Something you're looking forward to this year: Keaton's college graduation and a family vacation.
One place you want to visit this year: Standard answer --- San Francisco. But, other than Florida and DC, there's really no other place that I plan on going to. I'm content to stay home. I like being a homebody these days.
One thing that you'll move from 2007's to do list to 2008's to do list: Work on family scrapbooks. Again. It's been moved from 2003 to now. You'd think that I'd learn. I want on-going books for the kids. What's the big deal just to add a page a month?! (one page times 3 kids and 3 grandkids and a book for us = 7 pages a month).

No comments: