Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Bucket List


Kevin & I had "date night" last night ... dinner and a movie. Get thee to the movies and see "The Bucket List"! It reminds us to live life to the fullest and come up with a Bucket List -- a list of things to do before one kicks the bucket (and John Mayer does the soundtrack - gotta love that). I confess to not exactly seizing each day as if it was my last, but then again I do seize each day (after 9am - that is). Two questions are asked of the characters in the move which are worth pondering. Consider this as you seize this day:

(1) Have you found JOY in your life?
(2) Have you brought JOY to other people's lives?

JUST STUFF:

Joke: How do you make God laugh? Tell him your plans.

Scrapstuff: Our stamp club orders have arrived - woo hoo! New cherry bliss paper pack - need I say more?

Cold vs. Colder: Single digit temps and sunshine paint the picture these days, but watch out for the heat wave this weekend in the high 30s!

Cupcakes: Have you noticed how "in" cupcakes are?

Work: I miss Mandy. How did I ever do the monthly bills without her?

To Do List for Today: Call my kids, make Red Bean Gumbo, we are going to the eye doctor, laundry, pick up spiffy new stamp club order, seize the day!
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

No comments: