Sunday, January 20, 2008

She's Here!


Guess what?! Mandy had her baby girl last night almost 3 weeks early (ya think they mis-calculated or what?!). Mother and baby are doing fine. Mandy and Doug went to the hospital around noon and Dani Rene was delivered at 8:30 p.m. Pretty good for a first baby! I don't know the baby's weight, but she has dark eyes and LOTS of dark hair. I guess Mandy's four months off work starts earlier than expected!

I am making the most of my 3-day weekend. On Saturday, I installed a new printer at home. Our old stand-alone fax machine had died, so we bought a new all-in-one model. I stood on my head upside down to get all the cords in place, but we can now fax, copy, scan, and print. Mission accomplished! I hope somebody faxes me some chocolate chip cookies!

I made my airline reservations to visit Florida Boy in February. I could not bring myself to pay for direct flights, so I compromised and have short layover's in Atlanta and Memphis. Getting there is half the fun right?!

Yummy vegetable soup is going down good, along with Herbed-Oatmeal Pan Bread (for me) and cornbread (for Kevin). My friend Sophia shared the new bread recipe with me and, being the bread-girl that I am, I love ya Sophia! They are a FIVE on a yum-scale! Leave me a comment if you want the recipe. Yummm (x FIVE) ... hot bread with parmesan cheese & herb topping, spread with butter.

ZERO degrees this morning - up to 8 degrees now. A little wap-wap on the door and who is it? The precious sweetheart neighbor girl selling Girl Scout Cookies! OMG - I had to buy extras just because she's out on a blustery day just doing her job! Now THAT'S 2008 MoJo right there!

A girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot.

No comments: