Saturday, July 26, 2008

Time

Amazed: I've changed my eating habits over the last 3 months and la-la-paloooooooza do I feel better!! Fruits and veggies, protein and fiber rich foods -- now that's what you need to eat when you turn 50 so you can still feel 40. Make a note of it! (but leave room for pretzels and ginger cookies and do not - I repeat - do not try to live without Diet Coke! It's against the law.)

Delighted: Jane has not lost her key for 5 days in a row. Delightedness! She found her way to/from my mom's garden home several times. Delightedness! She invited mom to go eat at the dining room (too bad it was after hours, but she's getting the hang of it). Delightedness! And she made it to breakfast and exercise class 3 times this past week. Delightedness!

Entertained: Robin called today and said "Are you ignoring me?" to which I replied, "Probably! I'm ignoring me too!" Seems email and texting didn't get my attention. Darn, don't you hate it when we have to resort to the old-fashioned telephone?! Poo Poo on old technology. Anyways -- where was I going with this? --- oh yes, tonight is the neighborhood annual Red Hat Party and we needed to talk about how much fun we were planning on having. Girls do that.

Excited: In one week, count 'em 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 days, we will be crazy bound for Florida! Keaton is leaving a day earlier than we are, and somehow he believes we will show up a few days later with all his furniture! This week will be busy busy! Dinner theater with mom/jean, hair appointment with Connie, stamp club, packing for Keaton's move, packing for me & Kevin, all sorts of fun to be had! Didn't I just say to someone I love lazy summer days with nothing to do?! Well, either way - crazy or calm - it's all good.

Passion: Janet is on morphine now. She is lucid at times, enough to give orders per Debbie! The family is surrounding her and hospice is doing their job. If you are a rubber stamper, please visit the GinaK blog to see a stamp set that she had designed in honor of her friend Daisy, who is battling cancer. A portion of sales proceeds from each set is benefiting the American Cancer Society. This is such a beautiful touching set. If you, a family member, or friend has ever been touched by cancer you will want it. I got it, and I will ALWAYS have something to remind me of Janet.

There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

No comments: