Tuesday, July 29, 2008

25 Things

  1. Family is most important of all.
  2. Most people are well-meaning and good.
  3. The decisions I make today determine my life tomorrow.
  4. "Get over it!" is a great thing to say to myself but not to others.
  5. Prayers are answered, but only if you pray.
  6. Kind words are far more effective than critical ones.
  7. Listening is more important than hearing.
  8. Taking offense usually doesn't help the situation, so just try to understand.
  9. A clean house rocks.
  10. The apple may not fall far from the tree but it can be picked up, washed off and baked into something tasty.
  11. The more sleep I get, the better I feel.
  12. Mornings do not rock - I don't even think God gets up really really early.
  13. Counting blessings usually gets me further in the day than whining about my problems.
  14. There's always a reason to celebrate something.
  15. A good driving mantra. "I'll get there when I get there."
  16. Life without Diet Coke is not do-able.
  17. Once someone is gone, all we have are the memories so we need to make as many happy memories as possible.
  18. Nothing in the world is worth giving up my integrity for.
  19. Friendship is like food for the soul.
  20. Simplify.
  21. Saying "No" is okay.
  22. Saying "Not now." is just fine too.
  23. The most important thing for a marriage is working together towards the same goals.
  24. Expect miracles.
  25. I'm the only one who can defeat myself.

No comments: