Friday, September 12, 2008

Yo Yo Thelma and a Pre-Anniversary Interview


THAT'S what my sister said to me one time. Yo Yo Thelma! {Of course, it WAS after I called her Louise.} So that prompted me to find Thelma & Louise quotes from the popular 1991 move:

1. I don't ever remember feeling this awake.
2. There's no such thing as justifiable robbery!
3. In the future, when a woman is crying like that, she isn't having any fun.
4. Well, we're not in the middle of nowhere, but we can see it from here.
5. You awake? Guess you could call it that, my eyes are open.

Onward Ho. Guess who is soon going to be having a 1-year Blog-Aversary? Ah, that would be moi! Me! Self! {insert pat on the back} On September 29, 2007 I took a flying leap into blog-land. Here's the 1-year interview ...


Kay: So, how hard has it been to become a bonafide blogger?
Self: Other than lack of sleep, I'm a satisfied customer!

Kay: What are some of your most memorable blog posts?
Self: Well, I LOVED queen Flo's interview way back at the beginning. And I SERIOUSLY love Rhegan quotes - they melt like lemon drops! But mostly I just love getting all the double-talk out of my head and onto digital paper.

Kay: Is that why you blog? Your head talks to you?
Self: I just want my family & friends to enjoy the ride! And it doesn't hurt to get junk out of my head - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I guess in the end, does that make me pretty?

Kay: Who's asking the questions here, anyway?
Self: I know, I was getting out of line. Sorry - you may continue.

Kay: Should we believe everything you say?
Self: Only my hairdresser knows for sure. Generally, I speak my mind with no remorse and yes, I think I blog the same way. I do try very hard to be thoughtful and genuine when I document my life, but sometimes there is no combination of words for what I feel.

Kay: Do you look for blog-worthy moments?
Self: Of course! Isn't life one big blog? {think about that one}

Kay: I've heard others compliment your music, can you tell us about that?
Self: When I was little, I would curl up in my dad's pee-wee-punch VW back seat compartment located over the motor, and sing louder than thunder. That's the kind of music I strive for. If it passes the pee-wee-punch test, then it's a blog-tune baby! I listen to TV commercials and TV shows for good blog-tunes too. It's all good.

Kay: Do you have blogging goals for the next year?
Self: Well, you know what they say ... if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got. So I guess the question becomes whether or not I am satisfied.

Kay: Would you like for me to ask if you are satisfied with the past year's blogging experience?
Self: Sure - go ahead and ask that.

Kay: *&$#&%*(???
Self: I'm really glad you asked me that question. I know people are busy, hey we live in a go-go world. But I'm sooper dooper happy with my blog time because (a) it makes me sane, and Kevin likes that part (b) It fosters interaction with family & friends, and (c) It gives me great scrapbook material {and it keeps me from cooking or cleaning too much - capeesh?}

Kay: So - back to your blog goals. Are you going to always do what you always did so you always get what you always got?
Self: Are you nutzoid? {don't answer that} I work for a law firm, for goodness sake! Goals turn into billable hours! My goals for the next blog year include coercing family & friends to post comments, or suffer the wrath of someone who shall remain nameless, but works as a paralegal in an Indianapolis law firm.

Kay: Is this a good time to stop interviewing, before you turn mean?
Self: I don't' know, you could post a comment about it ...

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.

2 comments:

The Hays Family said...

You are PRICELESS my friend.

I am always come to THIS blog and leave with a smile after being encouraged, inspired, and all with a chuckle or four, or five.

I can go to your OTHER blog and leave inspired, in awe, and encouraged as well

YOU are a gift to all that know you! We are blessed....

take care my friend....and keep blogging so I can keep reading.

Love you my friend --
staci

Kay said...

Awww, that's so sweet Staci! Right back at-cha!